What features are missing from the "lite" version, and what other differences are there?
- Cannot launch external programs as part of an event triggered by OMSA
- Does not include the ability to customize the e-mail message, just sends basic information about which event happened, and the servers name
- Does not support writing OMSA events to the custom Windows Event Log
- Does not support Microsoft Exchange server for outbound emails
- Does not have the automatically check for updates on startup feature
- Does not automatically detect new OMSA events that might become available if you upgrade OMSA or your server capabilities, you must manually poll for new events
What happens if an e-mail fails to send?
- OMSA eNotify will re-attempt sending of the email every X minutes (X is a number which can be set in the options)
- If you are running a licensed copy a Windows Critical Event will be registered (if all retry attempts fail)
- If you are running a licensed copy a message dialog will popup for any logged in users on the server, and at the console (if all retry attempts fail)
Is there a Newsletter available so I can stay up to date with the product via e-mail?
- Yes our newsletter is powered by MailChimp, a trusted company that does e-mailing lists right. You can click here to subscribe to the Newsletter.